Reading. Ethel Leontine Gabain (French-English, 1883-1950). Oil on canvas. Wolverhampton Art Gallery.
For financial reasons and due to a fall in the print market, Gabain moved over to painting with oils. She sent her first oil painting, Zinnias, to the R.A. in 1927, where it was well received. She also painted a number of landscapes in oils.
Reading Women (2012 - 2013), Carrie Schneider
- Rena reading Zadie Smith, Megha reading Edith Wharton.
- Flávia reading Clarice Lispector, Bianca reading Sylvia Plath.
- Evan reading Anne Lamott, Aura reading Maarit Verronen.
- Sara reading Miranda July, Sheree reading Angela Carter.
- Hsiao-Jou reading Fang-Yi Sheu, Heather reading Chris Kraus.
- Cauleen reading Gwendolyn Brooks, Molly reading Roseanne Barr.
- Sarah reading Zora Neale Hurston, Vicky reading Gloria Fuertes.
- Alyssa reading Patti Smith, Yala reading Susan Sontag.
- Whitney reading Terry Tempest Williams, Naomi reading Adrian Piper.
- Kelly reading Gabrielle Hamilton, Amy reading Michelle Cliff.
L’amour l’après-midi - Eric Rohmer